Foundations for Pale Skin: Pale Test #1 - Revlon Colourstay 150 BUFF.

Revlon Colourstay Foundation 150 BUFF pale skin foundation my pale skin

Revlon Colourstay Foundation 150 BUFF swatch pale skin

Revlon Colourstay Foundation 150 BUFF swatch pale skin

Welcome to the very first post in my new series - Foundations for Pale Skin. 

I get asked on an almost daily basis which foundations are the best for pale skin tones, and this series is going to explore all different types of foundations from varying brands and at all price levels which will hopefully help you to make a decision on which foundation is right for you! 

In universal skin tone terms.. I'm an NC15 in Mac. However, Mac isn't really doing it for me foundation wise at the moment, so i'm on the hunt for a replacement that will be the perefect foundation for My Pale Skin. 

Product:It seemed most fitting to start with a bloggers favourite, the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. Colourstay is often referred to as a dupe for Mac Studio Fix Fluid which i've worn for many years. The two lightest shades Revlon sell in the Colourstay range are Ivory -110 (which is Pink undertoned) and Buff - 150 (pictured) which is yellow/cool undertoned.  As i'm cool toned I picked  up the Buff 150 foundation for combo/oily skin. 

Packaging: First impressions of the product are great, it's in sturdy bottle and has a decent lid. However, what it is lacking badly is a pump. I tried to hack it by attempting to screw on a pump from Mac, however that was a no go as it didn't fit. You're then left with two options for getting the foundation out, pour it and risk the wrath of the foundation gods by having waaaay too much product come out onto the back of your hand... or transfer it to another pumpy bottle. I went with the tipping onto the back of the hand option (in case you were wondering) as I like to live a little dangerously. 

Coverage: It's a medium coverage and quite a good one at that! A little goes a long way and you can certainly build up some layers with it where you need it which is always a good thing. I've noticed that i don't feel cakey wearing it and it doesn't make me oily at the end of the day.

Finish: I find this foundation quite matte on my skin compared to the studio fix fluid which has a more dewy finish for me.

Colour:  Revlon Colourstay in Buff - 150 was the closest match from the two palest foundations for my pale skin, but sadly it's just a little bit too yellow. I can make it work by teaming it with my NC15 concealer, but it's not quite perfect and requires more blending to make it work.

Final Verdict: Although the Revlon Colourstay foundation came very close to failing due to the overly yellow undertone... it has just scraped by to PASS the test. By spending more time blending, I can make it work for every day use however, I wouldn't recommend it for a quick fix.


Thanks for reading the first installment in this series and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this foundation in the comments xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment