How Blogging Improved My Self-Esteem...


When I first started posting make up looks online, I did so on a forum where it was all about the make up. Nobody cared what your name was or where you were from, they just wanted to see what you'd created. After constant requests and tons of encouragement, I finally started a blog and to be honest, I had no idea what would come of it.

I didn't expect that in less than 9 months, tens of thousands of people would view my blog every month, I'd get the opportunities I have been given and I'd meet the people I have. My Pale Skin is my baby, and I love how much happiness and warmth it has brought into my life.

A few things My Pale Skin has changed for me is my confidence and along with that, it has brought me friendship. A lot of people struggle with loneliness, and you know what,  i'm not afraid to admit that for the past few years I didn't have friends, I suffered from low self esteem, as well as loneliness... All I did in life was go to work, go home, eat, sleep. That was my life - if you could call it one. I was a shell of myself, and to be honest, I barely recognized who I was anymore.

Blogging changed all that for me. It gave me an outlet to be creative, an opportunity to feel empowered, and a chance to connect with other people online who share the same interests, in a way I often struggle with in life. When you're a child, making friends is easy, you have so many options and places you can meet others, however what you don't learn until you're an adult, is how difficult it is to make actual friends. Everyone is busy, nobody has anything in common and if like me, you live in London - nobody talks to each other.

I've met so many new people, at some great events and I feel like i've made some amazing friends since I began blogging, and they've all helped me in different ways. It's funny how personal confidence and self esteem can affect making friends and it's only since I began putting myself out there more, letting myself be awkward, and knowing that sometimes you need to have the bad experiences to appreciate the good has my life changed.

I'm so thankful to everyone who takes the time to read my blog and for the opportunities and friends that I've made through blogging. I can't wait to see where i'm at mentally and creatively in a years time and I hope you stick around for the jourey.
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment