Real Techniques Bold Metals Contour Brush Review

em ford, my pale skin, pale skin, bold metals, real techniques, review, contour brush, flat contour brush, contour


em ford, my pale skin, pale skin, bold metals, real techniques, review, contour brush, flat contour brush, contour

I'm never usually one for buying products on their launch day, but late last year on New Years Eve I headed to my local boots in the hope of having a glimpse at the brand new Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection. However, one thing led to another and I walked out of the store with four of the brushes... as well as a whole heap of other products. 

The Bold Metals flat contour brush retails at £22.00 which is a little eye watering for a single off the shelf brush that you purchase on a whim at boots. 
I understand that Real Techniques are going for a more high end, professional market with these brushes and the new design truly does reflect that. 

It's obvious to look at the design of the brushes that a lot of time, care and attention to detail has going into the new range, They have a gorgeous metallic finish, with soft white bristles and a weighted handle which is designed to help you use the brush to it's full advantage. 

Sadly, there's on thing for me that's letting this brush down, and that's the bristles.When I first saw the shape of the brush, I knew it had the perfect shape for carving out cheekbones and would certainly be useful for recreating that Kimmy K look... But here's the thing - the bristles are just too packed. I find that I have to use an awful lot more product to get it to take on the brush evenly, then on application, I find that the product applies, but in a harsh way.What I mean by that is, it's fairly static. You don't get any natural feathering with the brush and when I used it on a day to day basis, I actually found I needed to swap to a different brush to blend it out.  I also sort of forgot this brush existed after a while. I forgot I bought it, and went back to using a small blush brush to apply my contour and actually got a better result.

If I knew before purchasing it how difficult the bristles would be to work with - I likely would have picked up the Nars Ita Kabuki Brush which is a similar shape but it just has that bit of give to it which naturally feathers out your make up.

I love Sam & Nic and think fantastic at what they do. I just wanted a little more than this brush could give. 

Have you tried any of the Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment