Foundations For Pale Skin: Pale Test #4 - Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (31)


Bourjois 123 perfect CC Cream, Pale Test, Swatch, My Pale Skin, Ivory, Shade 31


Bourjois 123 perfect CC Cream, Pale Test, Swatch, My Pale Skin, Ivory, Shade 31




I get asked on an almost daily basis which foundations and concealers are the best for pale skin tones, and this series is going to explore all different types of  products from varying brands and at all price levels which will hopefully help you to make a decision on which foundation and concealer is right for you! 

In universal skin tone terms.. I'm an NC15 in Mac. However, Mac isn't really doing it for me at the moment, so i'm on the hunt for a replacement that will be the perfect foundation for My Pale Skin. 


Product: Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream* is a product I often see discussed on twitter.  Famed for it's ability to even out skin tones and give a 'lighter than air' coverage.

Packaging:  The foundation comes in a plastic tube with a screw on cap. It doesn't feel lux, but the lid shouldn't come off in your bag as it screws on quite tightly.

Coverage: I find the Product gives a light coverage. If you have dark circles or break out areas, you will need to pair this with a good concealer as it it very unlikely it will cover any problem areas.

Colour:  The Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream* is available in 4 shades from Boots. I've been testing out the lightest shade from the range which is Shade 31 - Ivory. However, as I've found with nearly every Bourjois foundation or concealer i've tried - the colours are off. For some reason Bourjois make their base products in an extremely limited colour selection which is a shame, as I've heard so many lovely things. I wasn't too surprised to see that shade Ivory, was more natural beige.

Finish: Bourjois have added some light reflective pigments to this foundation which really does give a lovely dewy glow to the skin.

Final Verdict: At £9.99 it's a great dewy product, however if you have Pale Skin like me I wouldn't bother. Unsurprisingly, Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream* has FAILED the pale test. I'd say that from an NC25 and above, give it a swatch, and make sure you check it in daylight. But sadly, it won't be one i'll be using.


As Always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this foundation or what you'd like me to try next, let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment