My Top Tips for dealing with the Blogger Blues!


Sometimes the blogger blues gets hold of us all and no matter how positive we are about ourselves and our blogs... it often gets us down. I try my hardest to not compare myself to other bloggers, other writers, photographers or women, but no matter how hard I try, you can't always win against human nature. I admit, a least once a month, I may have a little sob, or a little wobble about how much time i'm spending on my blog, and if it's worth it. 

I, like many of you - put myself under great pressure. My Photographs must be perfect, my writing must be eloquent and my make up application - flawless. I'm a historic over achiever and I go from uninterested to absolutely obsessed at the flick of a switch. I've always read blogs, always searched for reviews, but It wasn't until I was actively encouraged by some like minded ladies on the internet did I start one. And now i'm here. Wittering on, almost seeming like I know 'how to blog' but the truth is, I don't - if anything I know less now than when I started as my eyes have been opened to new platforms and ways of working which I never knew existed before. 

There are a few ways I personally deal with the blogger blues they range from the sensible to soulful, but they get me through those moments.

1. It's okay to cry.
Yep, that's right, Let it go. You're upset because that blogger has the best pictures of a lipstick you've ever seen in your life. You didn't get invited to that event, you don't have as many followers... the list goes on. If any of these things get you down -  that's okay! Sometimes they get me down too. When these things happen, I like to have a sob fest and sulk in my bedroom. Jealousy is only natural, and it's how you deal with it that makes a difference. After I've finished having a little cry, I like to use it as a learning curve, and work harder and stronger. If you really want to be great at something, you have to work for it, and inspire yourself.

2. Compare your first blog post with your last.
The following two images were taken 6 months apart - from my first blog post and my last.
In the past 6 months since I started my blog, not only have I massively improved my make up collection, writing and confidence - but also my photography skills. It's easy to forget where you started when you only look at where you want to be.



Both images were taken by myself with the exact same camera. It's funny how much difference there is! It's a great visual reference for how hard I've worked and how much effort I've put in. 

3. Snap back to reality.
If you're not a full time blogger and you compare yourself to somebody who is - you're going to have a bad time. I spend at least 30 hours a week blogging, often much longer. I do this on top of the 50 hour week I currently work. 
Comparing myself to somebody who has 50 hours more time to focus on blogging will never work in my favour and it's important to remember that often the best blogs grow organically and at the right time. Blog for you, for the right reasons. Don't blog to become the next person with 5 million subscribers. The Sooner you snap back to reality and focus on your blog, instead of your expectations... the happier you'll be.

I hope my top tips came in useful and I'd love to hear yours! Let me know in the comments!
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment