Celebrating One Year of My Pale Skin!





I can't believe I'm saying this, but today is the day that My Pale Skin turns one year old. When I started this blog a year ago, I had no idea it would receive the support it has. I didn't have a clue how big the beauty blogging world was, nor did I ever begin to imagine how it would change my life - or that I'd manage to hold onto a hobby for an entire year!

Before I started this blog, I wasn't really in a good place in my life. I had huge confidence issues due to some traumatic experiences I'd faced in the years previously. I also had a lot of spare time, and nothing to fill it with which meant that I felt like I was sort of just coasting through life. My general life pattern was work, internet, eat, sleep, repeat. My social and friendship circle was non existent - I didn't really have any friends, as i'd developed a coping mechanism of  shutting people out to help me deal with a lot of the personal issues I was facing.

My Pale Skin has taught me so much, in such a short amount of time and that's all thanks to you. I can't even begin to express how much it fills me with joy to see that people actually read, comment and even watch what I have to say.  But, here we are - one year and almost 300,000 page views later! I want to say thank you, to all of you, for clicking, tweeting, reading and joining me on my blogging adventure. 

I'm so thankful for all of you for helping me grow, not only as a blogger, but as a person, and a friend. This blog means so much to me, and I can't wait to see where we are, or what we've overcome  this time next year.

I've got some exciting things lined up to help celebrate this occasion, and that includes a full blog makeover! So expect to see some changes happen to the way My Pale Skin looks pretty soon! I'm also hoping to have a content upgrade and produce some more exciting content for you, which is where you come in. I'd love to hear what you'd like to see more of on this blog, what posts you like to read and which you're not too keen on - so do let me know in the comments.

Once again, Thank You. Thank you for reading, sharing and welcoming me into the blogging community. Thank you for helping me reach my first blog anniversary, and thank you for helping me let the light into my life.
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment