New Release: The Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review

This week Real Techniques announced and released their brand new 'Bold Metals Collection'. The range features 7 brand new brushes with new cuts - aimed at those who want a high performance brush which allows for perfect Make Up Application. In the UK these brushes are brand new and exclusive to Boots, and in the USA - Ulta The 7 brushes in the range are broken down into 3 categories:

Gold - Face/Base Brushes.


Rose Gold - Finishing Brushes.

When I found out the brushes had hit the stores, I headed straight to my local boots and snapped up 4 out of the 7 available. There aren't many images of the brushes out there in the world, So I wanted to share my brush haul with you, in case you were thinking of buying them too.


Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review

Now, before I get into talking about the brushes that I chose - let me just talk about the price. These brushes are very expensive compared to the price of the previous collections - with the entire 7 brush collection coming in at a whopping £130.00 - so do bare that in mind when looking into purchasing them. These are marketed as a 'Luxe' product and they do come with eye watering prices - especially for a drugstore brand. Real Techniques promises softer bristles and thinner weighted handles - easier for use and storing, which should hopefully answer many a girls prayers.

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review, Triangle Foundation Brush, 101

101 Bold Metals Collection Triangle Foundation Brush  £22.00

I feel like I'm always constantly searching for the best way to apply my foundation and I was intrigued to try out a triangle shaped brush having never tried or even seen a brush of this style before.
It's an interesting concept and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I really hope it lives up to my expectations as at this price point - it's worth pointing out that for about £5.00 extra, you can buy a foundation brush from Mac. 
I'll be testing this out over the next few weeks and I can't wait to let you know my thoughts.

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review, Oval Shadow Brush, 200

200 Bold Metals Collection Oval Shadow Brush £15.00

At £15.00 this brush packs a hefty price for a single brush, and is around the same price point as a Mac brush. The bristles feel soft, although I'm not usually a fan of white bristled eyeshadow brushes due to how dirty they look after one use.
Confession time - I don't actually own any of the original Real Techniques eye brushes as I felt they just looked a little clunky, so this will be my first time using an eye brush from the brand. I much prefer how the bristles appear to be packed in this collection, and I can't wait to use it.

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review, Pointed Crease Brush, 201

201 Bold Metals Collection Pointed Crease Brush £12.00

Crease Brushes are some of my favourite brushes and I really struggle to do my make up without them. I usually swear by my trusty Crown Brush pointed crease brushes and I'm looking forward to seeing how this one compares. £12.00 felt pretty reasonable to me in terms of price, so let's see how it lives up to it.

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review, Flat Contour Brush, 301

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection, New Release, Real Techniques Brushes, Review

301 Bold Metals Collection Flat Contour Brush £22.00

There was one brush that I couldn't wait to get my hands on as soon as I saw the collection and that brush was the Flat Contour Brush. At £22.00, it's one of the more pricey brushes in the collection, and it's worth pointing out that for just £6.50 more, you can buy a Nars Ita Kabuki Contour Brush. I love the beautiful rose gold handle on this brush and I have a feeling that this may just become my most used brush! I can't wait to test this one out.



So those are my picks from the collection, and I can't wait to review them all for you.  Eventually I would like to collect all 7, I'd just like to give the initial 4 a fighting chance as I feel a little uneasy about the high price point. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the collection and the controversial price prices... Would you buy them?  Let me know in the comments. 
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment